Two Film Extrusion Methods Wrapped Up into One Great Course
This March, expand your training by learning about two flexible packaging film extrusion methods, packaged together in one great course. The Blown and Cast Film Extrusion Course will be taking place in beautiful Savannah, Georgia, USA. Presented by a distinguished panel of industry experts, this comprehensive training covers the entire flexible packaging and extrusion coating processes from pellets to packaging.
Updated to meet today’s specific advancing technological requirements and returning based on popular demand, the course will be hosted by experts who will share their personal experiences, safety concerns, troubleshooting tips, and updated information on equipment technologies.
The course will be held March 12 – 14, 2019 at the Andaz Savannah in Savannah, Georgia, USA and is ideal for a large variety of professionals such as:
- Extrusion Engineers, Extrusion Supervisors, and Packaging Engineers
- Extrusion Line Operators
- R & D Personnel
- Equipment and Resin Suppliers
- Auxiliary Equipment Suppliers
- Process Engineers
- Plant Managers
- Purchasing Managers
The course schedule for this introductory-to-intermediate level course includes lessons on basic and comprehensive resin and equipment technology that have applications in both blown and cast film applications. Newer topics to be covered include PE Plastomer Resins for Film, as there are growing applications in dispersible films (laundry detergent pods, etc.) and a segment on Rheology and Hot Stage Microscopy.
Attendees will learn to:
- Understand properties and processing issues of various film resins
- Identify capabilities, specifications, and limitations of various film extrusion & winding equipment components
- Think of the equipment and resin requirements for differing co-extrusion applications
- Consider how to approach processing problems and gel issues during extrusion
- Recognize film surface treatment options available to converters and when to apply them
- Explain the process requirements for making cast and blown film structures
- Understand terminology, general theory, and troubleshooting techniques used in designing extrusion screws
- Address safety concerns in extrusion processes
Hurry and register today!