TAPPI Nano 2019: Second of Two Workshops Focuses on Cellulose Nanomaterial Safety
Set for Tuesday, 4 June, 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm, the three-and-a-half-hour workshop is titled Cellulose Nanomaterial Safety: Building a Bridge from Theory to Practice. Presenters will focus on the occupational and environmental safety demonstration for cellulose nanomaterials. Special emphasis will be placed on the nanoscale properties of the materials.
Workshop concepts will be explored via case studies, presenting current knowledge, theory, and state-of-the-art practices for meeting regulatory requirements. Currently, topics to be covered include:
- Lifecycle risk assessment
- Development of safety assessment methods for cellulose nanofibers to support application development
- Occupational and environmental health data strategies
- Mapping regulatory and market concerns to evidence in risk assessment of nanomaterials
Vireo Advisors, an international advising firm from North America, is presenting this workshop. Collaborating with Vireo Advisors are the Japan National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) and the Research Institute of Science for Safety and Sustainability (RISS). Serving as faculty are:
- Jo Anne Shatkin, Ph.D., President, Vireo Advisors, LLC
- Hideo Kajihara, Ph.D., Research Institute of Science for Safety and Sustainability, Japan AIST
- James Ede, Ph.D., Consultant, Vireo Advisors, LLC
- Kimberly Ong, Ph.D., Consultant, Vireo Advisors, LLC
Early Bird Discounts End Soon
Early Bird discounted registration rates ends 1 May 2019. Securing your place now ensures enough time to get your travel itineraries in place.
Register today for this quality technical, non-commercial conference.