Join Us for the TAPPI Paper Machine Drives Course in Florida
TAPPI is pleased to work in partnership with IEEE to help deliver a unique training opportunity:
The TAPPI Paper Machine Drives Short Course
June 27-28, 2019
Jacksonville, Florida USA
This tutorial is held in conjunction with IEEE's 63rd Annual Pulp, Paper and Forest Industries Conference.
This course focuses on the knowledge you need to apply basic paper machine drives to day-to-day operations.
Review the Course Schedule.
The TAPPI Paper Machine Drives Course is designed for anyone in the mill with responsibility for the drives on a paper machine, mill/plant engineers and lead operators, application and design engineers, electrical superintendents, and suppliers of paper mill drives.
You will learn about the selection, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all paper machine drive systems from experienced paper machine drive engineers.
Instructors focus on delivering knowledge so that you can apply basic paper machine drives to day-to-day operations. They will provide you with the know-how to evaluate and select paper machine drives, and modern machine configurations.
You'll cover these Learning Outcomes:
- Discuss the range of modern paper machinery and modern machine configurations
- Calculate drive HP using "unit constant" or “component value” theory
- Explain the fundamental relationships between mechanical and electrical systems and identify major application considerations of drive train components
- Discuss AC drive selection and application, as well as installation and economic considerations of AC vs DC drives
- Describe existing load and speed data for rebuilding a paper machine and evaluate data for HP selection
- Apply the fundamentals of disturbance analysis techniques to solve problems