Coating Professionals Invited to Submit Abstracts
The Technical Committee for TAPPI’s Advanced Coating Symposium (ACS) invites all industry thought leaders to share their technical expertise and knowledge with fellow professionals in its Call for Abstracts for this premier, bi-annual scientific conference taking place October 13 – 15 in Zurich, Switzerland.
The Committee is actively seeking submissions on coating, printing and converting research from professionals interested in novel materials, methods, and applications in the area of coatings for graphic/electronic printing, smart and sustainable packaging, and barrier materials that include oil and grease resistance, gas, water and water vapor.
Suggested areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced understanding of paper requirements (including surface characterization)
- converting for barrier, packaging, etc., coatings
- for printing and functional imaging, e.g. printed electronics & microfluidics
- calendaring / finishing
- Advanced understanding of paper & board coating processes and structures
- chemistry of coating materials and interactions between the materials
- coating structure and functional process properties
- mathematical and computational modelling
- Sustainability: Advances at the forefront
- sustainable components and processes (including energy saving, coating recycling)
- sustainable products (e.g. bioactive and barrier coatings, binder systems)
Deadline for abstract submissions is April 3, 2020. Additional topic suggestions are welcome and those interested in submitting on topics not listed are invited to share their expertise on innovations and other technologies that can help provide sustained industry advantages. Abstracts should be 50 words or less and must be submitted through TAPPI’s secured Speaker Management system. All abstracts and presentations are peer-reviewed and are also eligible for inclusion in TAPPI Journal, a leading scientific industry publication.
For more information, contact TAPPI’s Paper Division Manager Tyler Mast by email or phone at 770-209-7345.