TAPPI’s Tissue 101 Presented in Virtual Format
The TAPPI Tissue 101: Properties and Processes Course is an ideal introduction for anyone new to the tissue industry and for seasoned professionals who want a review of the basics in a rapidly changing industry.
Offered for the first time in virtual format, this training is structured to provide you with a solid understanding of tissue properties and how they are impacted by manufacturing processes, helping them to effectively achieve production goals and objectives.
The course begins May 19, 2021 and continues five weeks. It features interactive weekly programs with an excellent team of tissue instructors, flexible content that you can review multiple times, comprehensive notes that you get to keep, and Q&A sessions with your peers and a TAPPI Professional Certificate test at the conclusion. You can learn:
- The basics of tissue sheet structure and properties, and how the manufacturing process affects performance and design.
- The effect of fiber raw materials on tissue structure and properties, and how to select and apply them to achieve product goals.
- The functions of chemicals in tissue manufacture and how to apply them to increase machine/product performance.
- How each tissue machine process creates/effects tissue structure and properties.
- The most important variables controlling product quality/variability.
TAPPI 101 is designed for anyone new to the tissue sector, for those taking on a new role in operations, or those considering expanding their knowledge beyond paper production.
For more details and to register now to save more than $100 before April 19, visit www.TAPPI.org/TIS101.