Volunteers Needed to Review and Vote on TAPPI Standards
TAPPI Test Methods are procedures and related practices used in the measurement, evaluation, and description of pulp, paper, packaging, and related products, including raw materials used in their manufacture, use, or in scientific investigations of any such substances. There is a Standard-Specific Interest Group (SSIG) for each TAPPI Standard made up of industry professionals who regularly review and vote on that standard.
There are more than 240 standards currently managed by TAPPI and we need more volunteers. More than 20% of these standards do not have the minimum required 10 volunteers on the SSIG to conduct a valid review of the standard and many of them have open ballots. The largest need for volunteers is on the Building and Industrial Materials, Pulp Properties, and Chemical Properties Committees. Here are six reasons to participate.
- No meetings to attend.
- Minimal time commitment.
- Expertise not required. Young Professionals and those new to the industry are encouraged to participate.
- Willingness to grow as an industry influencer, sharing your expertise, knowledge and technical information to help shape the industry’s future.
- Desire to expand your knowledge and network.
- TAPPI membership not required.
- There’s no limit to the number of SSIGs you participate in.