Prioritize Web Handling and Winding Training with TAPPI Academy eLearning
Whether you are new to the industry or a seasoned pro that needs to train new operators, our flexible, on-demand learning opportunities allow you to train your way, on your timeline.
TAPPI Academy eLearning offers unsurpassed technical content from proven industry experts. We now partner with Finishing Technologies to provide streaming access to Dr. David Roisum’s popular comprehensive courses. An accomplished author, professional speaker and instructor, Roisum is noted for his skill in translating highly technical information into a common sense, practical reference.
The two new eLearning courses are targeted toward the technical personnel responsible for most any type of web machines. The courses are available for Individual and Company Licensing. For more information about obtaining a Company License to support multiple employees, contact [email protected].
By completing Web Handling and Converting, students will:
- Learn to eliminate wrinkles, baggy webs and apply effective spreading.
- Learn to eliminate winding defects and troubleshoot a variety of web, web handling and converting issues.
- Be able to design and maintain web machinery, control systems for tension, nip, guiding and design processes for more reliable manufacturing.
- Understand why the web world does what it does
The second course, Web Winding: Machines, Mechanics and Measurements, builds on the foundation established in the first course. The learning outcomes include:
- Eliminate winding defects
- Know whether your defect is manufacturing or winding related or both
- Select and use the proper type of winder and settings for your product
- Design and maintain winding machinery
- Design and maintain winder control systems for tension, nip and torque
- Design and manufacture webs for more reliable winding
- Troubleshoot a variety of web, winding and operational issues
Each course is less than nine hours long, broken into modules that range from 14 minutes to an hour long, so you can learn at your pace, on your schedule.
Get started today!