Popular Hot Topics Breakfasts Sizzle at PEERS/IBBC 2022
With increasing pressure for sustainability and optimization, the pulp and paper industry has been challenged more than ever to stay competitive in a fast-changing world. Staying abreast of new technologies, best practices and the latest advancements is vital and mills must utilize all resources available to them. TAPPI’s Pulping, Engineering, Environmental, Recycling and Sustainability (PEERS) Conference , October 30 – November 2, 2022 at the Rhode Island Convention Center in Providence, R.I., has long been known as the premier technical event for the industry, offering a cutting-edge technical program, exhibits and networking events to pulp and paper professionals from around the world.
Hot Topics Breakfasts
The Hot Topics Breakfasts are held Tuesday, November 1 and Wednesday, November 2 and focus on many of the industry’s latest technical/production developments and operating problems. They are open to all conference attendees and offer an opportunity for people with similar interests to get together to discuss key topics and problem solve. There is no separate fee to participate, and attendees receive a continental breakfast prior to the topic discussions.
Tuesday, November 1 Topics
- Balancing CIO2 in the Bleach Plant
- Fluff Pulp Testing and Quality Discussions
- Papermaking with Non‐wood Fiber Pulps
- The Effects of Recovery Boiler Operations on Dregs Behavior
- Recent and Emerging Changes in PFAS Regulations
- Material Availability & Supply Issues
- Transitioning to a Circular Bioeconomy
Wednesday, November 2 Topics
- O2 Delignification Optimization/Benchmarking
- Silicone Applications in the Pulp Mill
- Scaling Issues in the Bleach Plant
- Sustainable Forest Biomaterials & Bioproducts
- Issues to Consider for Pump Design, Including System Modifications
- Sootblower Maintenance Reliability and Cleaning Strategy
- War on Plastics
PEERS is co-located with TAPPI’s International Bioenergy and Bioproducts Conference (IBBC). Mill executives and employees, as well as other industry professionals, have the unique opportunity to attend both technical programs in one location for only one registration fee. Mills receive special discount pricing. Click for registration details.
PEERS and IBBC also include multiple special networking events including the 38th Annual PaperChase Fun Run/Walk (open to everyone and registration is required), Young Professionals Mixer, conference dinners (registration required), lunches and receptions. In addition, attendees can visit the full exhibit floor and speak face-to-face with suppliers about the latest technologies and solutions.
Register for PEERS and IBBC and start planning your trip to Providence!