PEERS/IBBC Announce 2023 Technical Programs
TAPPI’s Pulping, Engineering, Environmental, Recycling and Sustainability (PEERS) Conference has long been known as the premier event for pulp and paper professionals, drawing top leaders from all over the United States, as well as around the world. This year PEERS will be held on November 5-8, 2023 in Atlanta, GA.; and is co-located with TAPPI’s International Bioenergy and Bioproducts Conference (IBBC). Mill executives and employees, as well as other industry professionals, have the unique opportunity to attend both technical programs in one location for only one registration fee. Mills receive special discount pricing.
PEERS offers attendees a comprehensive, peer-reviewed technical program that addresses some of the key operational issues affecting the pulp and paper industry today. Program tracks include: Environmental; Sustainability; Pulping and Bleaching; Energy, Recovery, Lime Kiln and Recaust; Engineering, Reliability, Corrosion and Materials; Recycling; and Nonwood.
Conference highlights include:
- Student Poster Competition (PEERS and IBBC) – students and industry professionals share their latest research
- Three Hands-On Workshops - On‐line Digital Twin Technology for Your Mill - Have Your DCS Communicate With a Live Simulation Model, Brownstock Washing, and Bleach Plant Operations
- State of the Industry – session highlighting industry trends and what to expect in the future
- Four Expert-Led Panel Discussions – Brown Stock Washing Optimization, Extreme Weather and Supply Chain Challenges – What Impacts Mill Operations, Mud Filters for Lime Kiln Operations, and Recovery Boiler Best Operation Practices
- New Technology Showcase – curated event highlighting cutting-edge technologies, products and services
- Exhibit Floor - leading suppliers offer solutions to mill problems
- Networking Opportunities - multiple events to help you build your business contacts
- Hot Topics Breakfasts - stimulating discussions offered in a roundtable format on current operating issues
- 39th Annual PaperChase Fun Run/Walk – a popular event that helps students achieve a career in the pulp and paper industry
The IBBC technical program focuses on critical issues associated with biomass. Developed by industry professionals, the peer-reviewed sessions are expert-led and include high-level discussions on industry trends, new technologies and advancements. The technical program includes the following sessions:
- Advances in Biofuels and Bioproducts Research
- Biomass Processing and Pretreatment
- Biomass Preprocessing and Conversion
- Sustainable Bio-Economy Waste Processing
- Big Data Analysis and Reliability
Registration will be available soon.