Registration Now Open: Essential In-Person Tissue Training Courses in May 2023
The TAPPI Tissue 101: Properties and Processes Course is an ideal introduction for anyone new to the tissue industry and for seasoned professionals who want a review of the basics in a rapidly changing industry. This unbiased, peer-reviewed curriculum is delivered by an excellent team of tissue instructors.
This training is structured to provide you with a solid understanding of tissue properties and how they are impacted by manufacturing processes, helping them to effectively achieve production goals and objectives.
TAPPI’s Tissue 101 course concludes with a TAPPI Professional Certificate test, which shows your mastery of the concepts taught. You can learn:
• The basics of tissue sheet structure and properties, and how the manufacturing process affects performance and design.
• The effect of fiber raw materials on tissue structure and properties, and how to select and apply them to achieve product goals.
• The functions of chemicals in tissue manufacture and how to apply them to increase machine/product performance.
• How each tissue machine process creates/effects tissue structure and properties.
• The most important variables controlling product quality/variability.
Stay for Continued Education in Tissue!
TAPPI is presenting the comprehensive Tissue 202: Converting Operations Course training to help you learn about the latest technologies and resources available in converting operations. Held immediately following Tissue 101, at the same location in Green Bay, Wisconsin, this course is May 17-19. Bring your mill shoes because this is a training event where you’ll be moving around learning about tissue converting lines and working with a hands-on pilot converting line in workshops.
This course has a full panel of experts in all facets of converting operations to help you improve converting plant productivity and reduce bottlenecks. You will also learn from hands-on workshops on a pilot line. This curriculum will help you:
• Explore each major roll converting sub process
• Understand raw material (tissue reel) properties
• Learn how sheet variability impacts each converting sub process
• Recognize the impact of each converting sub process on the final product
• Build awareness of the safety hazards present in typical converting lines
Register today for one or both of the courses. Tissue 101 is Monday, May 15 – 17 and the training rolls right into Tissue 202 on Wednesday, May 17 – 19. Both courses are held in Green Bay, WI and you can earn 1.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for completion of the Tissue 101 course. Act now, seating is limited.