Gulf Coast TAPPI Summer 2020 Member Engagement Series
As we’ve unfortunately had to postpone our annual Destin meeting, we’d like to host a weekly digital activity to let you know we’re still thinking of everyone through this summer! Starting August 3rd, and running for 4 weeks, help us by participating in our “Stay at Home” Activities. Provide the winning answers and you will be eligible for the weekly prize! We will ship your prize to your home!
You can expect to receive an email from our chapter each Monday morning which will direct you to a Google form to complete your submissions! Please see a quick overview and terms listed below!
- Purpose – Have fun and keep in touch with our membership base!
- Activities – Each Monday for the month of August we’ll be hosting a fun web-based activity!
- 1x Quiz
- 1x Storytelling activity
- 2x Photo submission activities
- Anyone can submit a response, but only current registered Gulf Coast TAPPI members are eligible to receive a prize
- Top 3 submissions for the week will win a Prize
- Participation in all 4 weeks of the event will enter you for a Grand Prize announced Monday August 31st, 2020!
- Judging – Gulf Coast TAPPI Executive Committee Members
- Winners – Announced the following Monday with the next week’s activity
- Prizes – Top 3 submissions provided by current GCT members will receive prizes!
- Weekly – Items provided by from generous supplier society members including golf items, chapter shirts, cups, and gift cards,
- Grand Prize – Free attendance to one of our next meetings plus a $100 gift card
- Privacy Disclaimer – Any and all submissions may be used by the Gulf Coast TAPPI local section for chapter promotional purposes
TAPPI Anti-Trust Guidelines - “The Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry, Inc. is a professional and scientific association organized to further the application of the sciences in the pulp and paper industry. Its aim is to promote research and education in the practice of pulp and paper manufacture. TAPPI is not intended to, and may not, play any role in the competitive decisions of its members or in any way restrict competition in the pulp and paper industry.
General Data Protection Regulation - Do you consent for your personal data to be shared with TAPPI and partners/sponsors, for this event and allow us to send you marketing and promotional emails?
TAPPI Virtual Programs Code of Conduct
TAPPI is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and TAPPI staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, TAPPI staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all TAPPI meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than TAPPI but held in conjunction with TAPPI events, on public or private platforms.
TAPPI has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, TAPPI asks that you inform either Mary Beth Cornell, Membership and Global Development Director, TAPPI, +1 404-510-0696, [email protected] or go to event management staff privately during the event.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, TAPPI staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, TAPPI staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by TAPPI throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any TAPPI virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. TAPPI reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space. TAPPI reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and TAPPI reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
Inside this Section
- Chicago Local Section
- Couch Pit University Fraternity
- Empire State TAPPI/New York Canadian PIMA Local Section
- Four States TAPPI
- Gulf Coast TAPPI Local Section
- Lake States TAPPI
- Northeast PIMA/TAPPI (formerly Maine-New Hampshire)
- Pacific TAPPI/Pacific Coast PIMA Local Section
- Southeastern TAPPI Local Section
- Student Chapters
- Refer a Friend
- Join or Renew
- Information Resource Library
- Local Sections
- Membership Overview
- TAPPI Membership Benefits
- Automatic Membership Renewal
- Coating and Graphic Arts
- Corrugated Packaging
- International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division
- Nonwovens, Engineers and Technologists (NET)
- Paper and Board
- PIMA Management
- Process Control
- Process and Product Quality
- Pulp Manufacture
- Women in Industry
- Young Professionals
- Independent Technical Committees
- Runnability Fun Run
- New Member Professional
- New Members
- Find A Member
- Member Deals