BASF Chemetall Opens New Laboratory in Querétaro, México (3/27/2018)
New laboratory will facilitate cutting-edge simulation and product development, and will further strengthen the position of Chemetall as global supplier of choice for the surface treatment industry.
The Surface Treatment global business unit of BASF's Coatings division, Florham Park, N.J., USA, operating under the Chemetall® brand, opens a new state-of-the-art laboratory at its 38,700-sq. ft. manufacturing and office facility in Queretaro; Querétaro, Mexico. This new facility joins a global network of best-in-class technical laboratories for direct customer support and continuous innovation—all utilizing advanced process techniques at modern and accredited facilities with highly trained, dedicated, and experienced personnel. This new laboratory will facilitate cutting-edge simulation and product development, and will further strengthen the position of Chemetall as global supplier of choice for the surface treatment industry.
"It is of paramount importance to be close to our valued customers and effectively meet their needs," said Ernesto Osorno, managing director of Chemetall Mexicana. "Our response time to customers in the region will benefit from localized value-added services."
The new laboratory capabilities include analytical, application, and corrosion services. The analytical lab will offer customer support, solution and surface analysis, manufacturing QC support, metalworking coolant management, Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP), Ion Chromatography (IC), Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), Niton X-Ray Fluorescence, Auto-titrator, and Microtap. Application services lab will provide process simulations utilizing spray washers, immersion tanks, and paint spray booth processes. The corrosion lab will offer salt spray, paint and film testing, cyclical testing, and humidity testing and much more.
The Coatings division of BASF is a global expert in the development, production and marketing of innovative and sustainable automotive OEM and refinish coatings, decorative paints, as well as applied surface treatments for metal, plastic, and glass substrates in a wide range of industries. The portfolio is completed by the "Innovation Beyond Paint" program which aims at developing new markets and businesses. The Coatings division of BASF creates advanced performance solutions and drives performance, design, and new applications to meet its partners' needs all over the world. BASF shares skills, knowledge, and resources of interdisciplinary and global teams for the benefit of customers by operating a collaborative network of sites in Europe, North America, South America, and Asia Pacific. In 2017, the Coatings division achieved global sales of about EUR3.97 billion.
For more information about the Coatings division of BASF and its products, visit BASF online.
Inside this Section
- TAPPI Academy Announces Addition of Web and Winding Courses to eLearning Offerings
- TAPPI Announces Cash Prize to Accompany TAPPI Journal Best Research Paper Award
- Master Papermaking Additives to Gain Competitive Advantage and Better Meet Customers’ Needs
- Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2020
- TAPPI Awards Highest Honors for 2020
- Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition Now Available From TAPPI Press
- Black Liquor Evaporation Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Industry News
- April 2019 Committee of the Month - Runnability Planning Committee
- Mentor Match Signup - Spring 2019
- A Guide to the Nanotechnology used in the Average Home
- 65 North American Companies Remove Go Paperless - Go Green Claims
- 5,000 journals articles and conference papers now available to search
- 2017 starts with sales soaring for paper diaries, notebooks and planners
- 20 never seen before packaging designs
- Better Together Podcast