Seneca Steel Erectors, Inc.
Eric Fletty and I recently discovered that the town of Logan, OH is home to Men and Women of Steel.
Seneca Steel Erectors, Inc. (that is.)
An Industrial Maintenance Company
Although there were no capes for flying, x-ray vision, or kryptonite, I did hear and see some incredible signs of Super Hero activities that have gone on for the past 26 years. Super Heroes, well maybe not, just some hardworking, reputable professionals I wanted to tell you about; the very type of people who are TAPPI Sustaining Members.
I was first introduced to this company when Greg Campbell, Vice President of Seneca, paid us a visit at TAPPI World Headquarters in Peachtree Corners, GA.
He came to seek our council on how he could expand their business in the pulp and paper industry. We suggested he attend PaperCon2013 to get a feel for our reach in the industry. He must have liked what he saw because this year Seneca Steel Erectors, Inc. had space on the exhibit floor at PaperCon2014.
Greg is an outgoing person who is being prepped to take over the business his dad, Dale Campbell, started with just a small pickup and a Miller Welder back in 1988. The company has been owned by Dale and Kathie Campbell since its conception.
Since 1988, Seneca Steel Erectors, Inc. metamorphosis has allowed it to become more valuable to the point of not only a stoker specialist company, but also, a leader in mechanical, structural, fabrication and rigging specialist for many industries throughout the United States.
Kathie Campbell is very proud of their employees; "Our mobile work crews are highly skilled and know how to get the job done safely and efficiently. We often finish the job ahead of schedule and are able to ensure the quality of our work."
Dale currently has more than 100 employees. That number is flexible depending on the number of projects they have going at any one time. Current history has the number from a low of 60 to a high of 120 trained professionals. All of Seneca’s contractors and employees must be compliant with TAPPISAFE. This is just one of the ways Seneca Steel Erectors, Inc. looks out for its team members. Dale stated; "I want to treat our folks like I want to be treated. They know that we expect them to do their jobs, and we want them to be happy."
The majority of the employees have been with the company 14-25 years. In this day and time that speaks volumes for a company. When we asked Dale about his expansion plans, he stated that he wants a controlled growth of 10-15% per year.
How does he plan to achieve this you may ask? "Well that's why I have our son Greg getting more involved in the business, as well as bringing on industry veteran, Mark Crable. We want to be heavily involved in the pulp and paper industry."
Ladies and gentlemen, from the looks of things I sure would not bet against him. Dale's portfolio includes; a Holiday Inn Select, (ask him why,) 50 oil wells, a bio fuel energy plant, D&K Building Rentals, a 30,000 square foot shop and headquarters, a building and office in Darlington, SC, and Fabrication Shop, in Circleville, and last but not least, a Structural Division in Columbus, OH.
By the way, Mark Crable is a long time TAPPI member and recent award winner at PaperCon2014. (My thanks to Mark for setting up our visit with the fine folks of Seneca Steel Fabricators.)
There are two types of people in our industry; TAPPI members, and those who should be.
Until next time.............Larry
Inside this Section
- TAPPI Academy Announces Addition of Web and Winding Courses to eLearning Offerings
- TAPPI Announces Cash Prize to Accompany TAPPI Journal Best Research Paper Award
- Master Papermaking Additives to Gain Competitive Advantage and Better Meet Customers’ Needs
- Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2020
- TAPPI Awards Highest Honors for 2020
- Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition Now Available From TAPPI Press
- Black Liquor Evaporation Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Industry News
- April 2019 Committee of the Month - Runnability Planning Committee
- Mentor Match Signup - Spring 2019
- A Guide to the Nanotechnology used in the Average Home
- 65 North American Companies Remove Go Paperless - Go Green Claims
- 5,000 journals articles and conference papers now available to search
- 2017 starts with sales soaring for paper diaries, notebooks and planners
- 20 never seen before packaging designs
- Better Together Podcast