Old Home Week
Above are 15 of the 21 in attendance who were not camera shy.
It never ceases to amaze me, when TAPPI Members come together for a corporate visit or TAPPI conference with 100-5,000 people; we seem to pick up conversations with our friends and colleagues right where we left off.
Recently Eric Fletty and I had the privilege to go back and visit the company where Eric began his career in the Paper Industry. That place was none other than GL&V located at 1 Cellu Drive, Suite 200, Nashua, NH. 03063. Their tag line reads; “Your Obvious Partner…in Pulp and Paper”.
Mike Tardie and Eric Fletty catching up on old times.
Mike and Eric came into the industry around the same time and actually roomed together for a short time after attending the University of MAINE while working at IMPCO (now GL&V).
Our hosts for our visit were Drew Humphries and Mike Tardie. They pinch hit for former TAPPI Board Member, Lew Shackford, and Jim Oswald, who were called away on other issues.
The GL&V team were gracious host. The brought together 21 of their 100 employees, at this site, for an hour meeting in their conference room during this time; we shared updates on TAPPI, and had a Q&A Session on how TAPPI can offer even more value to GL&V and our industry in general.
The theme of Training, Knowledge and Networking seemed to resonate throughout the group.
GL&V was founded in 1975 by Laurent Verreault and Verreault, to service the Pulp, Paper and Water industries.
By the way, Drew Humphries mailed me a copy the book; “Let’s Dance” by Laurent Verreault and GLV.
This is a great read and gives insight into the history and passion of GL&V. We are going to add it to our TAPPI Library in Peachtree Corners.
A few of their Major Announcements include:
- November 2013 GL&V Fab (TR) sold to Employees – FAB 3R
- Spring 2014 Groundbreaking New Indian Shop-Markal Facility India
- Operational January 2015
- 29,000 sq. ft. Complete welding and machining capability
- Owned and managed by GL&V P&P
- September 2014 New website launched http://glvpulppaper.com
- November 2014 Sale of Pulp &Paper to the Verrreault Family
- Privatized by original founders
- Focused on P&P
- No change in Senior Management
Where do they conduct business? Globally, the Americas, Eastern & Western Europe, Russia and India.
What do they bring to the table? Solutions, to reduce operating costs in the areas of; Power, Chemicals. Fibers, Safety and Time
They offer a staff of key technology problem solvers, as well as, strong support for their Strategic Businesses. They offer local offices around the globe for all product lines.
For more information on GL&V and their patented equipment please go to;
For more information on TAPPI go to; www.tappi.org
Remember, there are two types of people in our industry, TAPPI members and those who should be.
Until next time……………….Larry
Inside this Section
- TAPPI Academy Announces Addition of Web and Winding Courses to eLearning Offerings
- TAPPI Announces Cash Prize to Accompany TAPPI Journal Best Research Paper Award
- Master Papermaking Additives to Gain Competitive Advantage and Better Meet Customers’ Needs
- Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2020
- TAPPI Awards Highest Honors for 2020
- Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition Now Available From TAPPI Press
- Black Liquor Evaporation Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Industry News
- April 2019 Committee of the Month - Runnability Planning Committee
- Mentor Match Signup - Spring 2019
- A Guide to the Nanotechnology used in the Average Home
- 65 North American Companies Remove Go Paperless - Go Green Claims
- 5,000 journals articles and conference papers now available to search
- 2017 starts with sales soaring for paper diaries, notebooks and planners
- 20 never seen before packaging designs
- Better Together Podcast