A Passion for TAPPI Local Sections
How many times do you get to actually meet with two of the legends of TAPPI's Local Section community--a current leader and a past leader who has a TAPPI award named after him?
So far, only once for me.
During PaperCon2013, I was excited to discover that Paul Magnabosco was going to attend our Fellows Luncheon. I was even more excited when he attended the awards dinner later in the week.
I asked Paul to make the award presentation, named in his honor--The Paul Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Member Award--to Dan McGuire. In the immortal words of Miley Cyrus,"that was really cool."
After meeting Paul and discovering his continuing passion for our Local Sections, we invited him to Peachtree Corners to meet with TAPPI staff and Scott, half-the-man-he-used-to-be, Frasca (who has lost in excess of 100 lb. during the past two years.) Way to go Scott!
My hat goes off to one of TAPPI's newest employees, Tanya Hickson, for her time, talents, and effort in bringing this meeting to fruition, in spite of all of our crazy schedules.
This gathering was to hear Paul's account of where our Local sections came from and his vision for where he feels they can go...
...and Scott's update on where we are now and our plans for the future.
The meeting really began at dinner the night before and continued from 8:00 a.m. through lunch the following day.
The ideas from this meeting are far too numerous to list; however, I will tell you to be on the lookout for some revitalization coming from our Local Sections in 2014.
I appreciate the passion that both Paul and Scott have for TAPPI as well as the other 7,200 members that we have worldwide.
There are two types of people in our industry, TAPPI members and those who should be.
More information on our Local Sections or TAPPI in general is available online.
Until next time...
Inside this Section
- TAPPI Academy Announces Addition of Web and Winding Courses to eLearning Offerings
- TAPPI Announces Cash Prize to Accompany TAPPI Journal Best Research Paper Award
- Master Papermaking Additives to Gain Competitive Advantage and Better Meet Customers’ Needs
- Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2020
- TAPPI Awards Highest Honors for 2020
- Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition Now Available From TAPPI Press
- Black Liquor Evaporation Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Industry News
- April 2019 Committee of the Month - Runnability Planning Committee
- Mentor Match Signup - Spring 2019
- A Guide to the Nanotechnology used in the Average Home
- 65 North American Companies Remove Go Paperless - Go Green Claims
- 5,000 journals articles and conference papers now available to search
- 2017 starts with sales soaring for paper diaries, notebooks and planners
- 20 never seen before packaging designs
- Better Together Podcast