All About Axchem
Booth 703 at PaperCon2016. Sounds less than exciting doesn’t it? Unless you happen to stop by to see what in the world TAPPI’s Newest Sustaining Member Company is all about. I am told that they are the largest privately held chemical company in this this section. What makes them different? “The aforementioned status allows us to be customer centric rather than on shareholder’s stock prices.” said Bill Marullo, General Manager.
My first encounter with Axchem came earlier this year at TAPPI’s 19th Student Summit in January in Portland, ME. One of the University of Maine’s Alumni made the trek back to speak to the students. Folks, I was amazed at the positive spirit and contagious personality that Sr. Sales Consultant of Axchem, Addie Nadeau, demonstrated about her school, her company and this great industry that we serve and love.
After she spoke I sought her out to find out more about Axchem. She reminded me that they were TAPPI’s newest Sustaining Member and they would be exhibiting at PaperCon2016 in Cincinnati.
I had to see for myself. So back to Booth 703. I set up a time and went to visit and low and behold they were right where Addie said they would be.
During our conversation I ask all three to tell me what they wanted the world to know about Axchem. Here are some of their comments:
- Serving Industry since 1983
- Started as Axchem Solutions
- 2009 they had a corporate redesign that resulted in a Non-traditional approach to specialty chemicals, Backwards Integration with Manufacturing
- Core focus is Polymer Chemistry
- Flocculants, Coagulants, Dispersants, Dry strengths
- Our model helps protect our customers supply and their bottom line in our segment
- Axchem is based out of Greensboro, NC and is member of AXCHEM HOLDING Delaware, USA
- Axchem has 15 affiliates globally
- 11 US and Canadian manufacturing facilities focus is on uptime that increases pounds through the plants = a more cost effective system for our customers
In addition, they hire experienced paper makers for their sales force which brings value and understanding to our customers. Axchem focuses on Paper Machine Applications, Coating Applications, Water Treatment, and Waste Treatment & Utilities Applications.
Safety (something that is near and dear to TAPPI’s heart) is the #1 success driven criteria for all of their manufacturing facilities. They are ISO9001:2008 certified and a proud partner of the American Chemistry Council’s RCMS®. Their manufacturing base was awarded the American Chemistry Council’s 2015 Facility Safety Certificate.
Remember there are two types of people in this industry, TAPPI members, and those who should be.
Until next time……………………..Larry
Inside this Section
- Industry News
- April 2019 Committee of the Month - Runnability Planning Committee
- Mentor Match Signup - Spring 2019
- A Guide to the Nanotechnology used in the Average Home
- 65 North American Companies Remove Go Paperless - Go Green Claims
- 5,000 journals articles and conference papers now available to search
- 2017 starts with sales soaring for paper diaries, notebooks and planners
- 20 never seen before packaging designs