TAPPI Press New Releases
Looking for something specific
TAPPI Press offers some of the most in-depth resources and references for the forest products and related industries. Here are our newest additions.
Authors: T.N. Adams, W.J. Frederick, T.M Grace, M. Hupa, A.K Jones, W. B. A. Sharp, D. Singbeil, H. Tran
The Kraft Recovery Boilers – 3rd Edition is the third in a series of textbooks on kraft recovery boilers. Like the previous two editions published over two decades ago, this book is sponsored by the Recovery Boiler Program R&D Subcommittee of the American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) and published by TAPPI Press.
The book is coauthored by eight experts, who have served as instructors of the Kraft Recovery Course for many years. It contains sixteen chapters, covering various aspects of recovery boiler technology, such as:
- Chemical Principles
- Black Liquor Properties
- Sprays and Combustion/Char Bed characteristics
It also covers a wide range of operating issues including:
- Fouling and Plugging
- Corrosion and cracking
- Particulate and Gas Emissions
- Equipment Design and Control Principles
- Material and Energy Balances
It is an excellent book for the course participants to have, not only to follow the lectures during the course, but also to use as a good reference source in their work after the course.
Edited by: Jim Frederick and Niko DeMartini
This book covers the science, technology, and practice of successfully concentrating black liquor from weak liquor to firing concentrations.
- Kraft pulp and black liquor production worldwide
- Properties relevant to evaporation
- Evaporation Fundamentals
- Design principles and analysis for black liquor evaporation
- Auxiliary processes
- Scaling and fouling in black liquor evaporators
- Research needs in black liquor evaporation
A project of the International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division’s Product Resource Team.
Global Editor: James F. Macnamara Jr.
The new third edition is completely revised and updated by more than 50 industry experts. A stand-alone training resource for all levels of professionals and operations personnel in the plastics film industry, including plastic film manufacturing, converting, equipment suppliers and polymer suppliers. This book focuses on:
- Technology and Science of Polymer Film Extrusion
- Basics of Applied Extrusion Theory
- Troubleshooting Guidelines
- Problem Solving in Manufacturing of Thermoplastic Films
A project of the Yankee Dryer Safety & Reliability Subcommittee
This publication was developed for the purpose of providing suggested guidelines to aid in the safe operation and management of Yankee dryers. It is believed that these guidelines will satisfy existing ASME Code and more jurisdictional requirements and will provide documentation of what is understood to be “good engineering and operational practice” based upon accumulated paper industry experience. These guidelines do not supersede dryer manufacturers’ operations manuals and do not purport to cover all possible applicable regulatory requirements.
Guidelines covered include:
- Operating & Reliability
- Maintenance and Repair
- Personnel Protection
Author: Gary Smook; Editor: Mike Kocurek
The Handbook For Pulp and Paper Technologists (The SMOOK Book), is by far the best-selling text to introduce the entire technology of pulp and paper manufacture. Now available in Spanish, the book features 27 chapters covering all aspects of pulping and papermaking, as well as hundreds of illustrations, charts, and tables to help the reader grasp the concepts being presented.
- Best-selling text to introduce the entire technology of pulp and paper manufacture
- Readable, up-to-date, comprehensive textbook
- Latest technology and the current state of the North American industry