Young Professional of the Year Award
Recognizing young leaders for contributions in leadership, service, and scientific or engineering projects.Online Application
Young Professional of the Year Award
The Young Professional of the Year Award recognizes aspiring young leaders employed in the global forest products, pulp, paper, tissue, packaging, and associated industries for their contributions in the following areas: leadership, community service, and problem-solving contributions to scientific or engineering projects. Eligible nominees are age 35 or younger, with no more than 10 years of industry experience, and have been a TAPPI member for a minimum of one year.
The complete selection procedure is fully outlined in our Association Awards Manual. The manual also provides information on additional awards and other forms of recognition.
Nominations are due August 1 of each year for the award to be presented the following calendar year.
Learn more about TAPPI Awards and Honors.
TAPPI Selects Outstanding Young Professionals for 2023
Emerging leaders represent Voith Paper, Fisher International, CRB, Wood PLC and WestRock
TAPPI is pleased to announce the selections for this year’s Young Professionals of the Year awards. The contest recognizes aspiring young leaders in the paper, packaging, tissue and related industries. Eligible nominees can be up to age 35 with no more than 10 years of industry experience.
Michael Subilia, II
Brianah Stamp (Morse)
Prior to the Young Professional of the Year Award, TAPPI’s YP Division gave the Top Outstanding Young Professionals Award. Its purpose was to recognize and award up to 10 aspiring, young leaders in the paper, packaging, and related industries.
Top Outstanding Young Professionals Winners:
Zhiying Emmy Yu
Stephanie Petrina Boyce
About TAPPI Young Professionals Division:
The Young Professionals Division is composed of TAPPI members that are college undergraduates, recent graduates and young professionals in the industry. The division provides a wide range of products, services and educational opportunities, as well as a means for experiencing different professional areas, resources for career advancement and the chance to network with peers and industry professionals.
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and converting industries and publisher of Paper360°, Tissue360° and TAPPI Journal. Through information exchange, events, trusted content and networking opportunities, TAPPI helps members elevate their performance by providing solutions that lead to better, faster and more cost-effective ways of doing business. It has provided management training and networking to the industry’s leaders more than 100 years.
Inside this Section
- Coating and Graphic Arts Division Past Winners
- Corrugated Packaging Past Award Winners
- Environmental Past Award Winners
- Engineering Division Past Winners
- Finishing & Converting Past Award Winners
- International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division Past Award Winners
- Nanotechnology Division Past Award Winners
- Nonwovens Division Past Award Winners
- Paper & Board Division Past Award Winners
- PIMA Past Award Winners
- Process Control Division Past Award Winners
- Process & Product Quality Division Past Award Winners
- Pulp Manufacture Past Award Winners
- Research and Development Past Award Winners
- Women in Industry Woman of the Year Award
- TAPPI’s 2023 Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal Award
- TAPPI’s 2022 Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal Award
- TAPPI’s 2021 Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal Award
- TAPPI’s 2020 Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal Award
- TAPPI’s 2019 Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal Award
- TAPPI’s 2018 Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal Award
- TAPPI’s 2017 Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal Award
- 2023 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2022 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2021 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2020 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2019 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- 2018 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- 2017 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- Membership Anniversaries