TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2023
TAPPI is pleased to announce it will bestow the title of Fellow on seven members and name five individuals as this year’s recipients of the Young Professional of the Year awards.
Fellow is an honorary title bestowed upon a small percentage of TAPPI’s membership and is given to individuals who have made extraordinary technical or service contributions to the industry and/or the Association.
The following individuals have been named 2023 TAPPI Fellows:
- Mark Keaten, Senior Director Operations, GAF
- Kecheng Li, Ph.D., Paper Technology Foundation Inc. Endowed Professor; Chair of the Department of Chemical and Paper Engineering, Western Michigan University
- Dave Maddux, Regional Sales Manager, Valmet
- Robert J. Moon, Ph.D., Materials Research Engineer, USDA Forest Service
- Jeff Peters, Tissue Applications Manager, BTG Americas, Inc.
- Danny S. Tandra, Ph.D., President, Clyde Industries
- Rory A. Wolf, Chief Executive Officer, PackEdge Global
In addition to those who are being recognized for meritorious service, the title Fellow may also conferred upon TAPPI Board chairs, vice chairs, and directors at the end of their terms of office, and upon Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal Awardees and Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Recipients.
This prestigious group will be honored Sunday, April 23, 2023 at the Fellows Luncheon during TAPPICon, April 22-26 in Atlanta, GA, USA.
The Young Professional of the Year is an annual honor that identifies aspiring young leaders in the global forest products, pulp, paper, tissue, packaging and associated industries. Eligible nominees are age 35 or younger with less than 10 years of industry experience.
The recipients of the 2023 TAPPI Young Professional of the Year award are:
- Brennan Augst, Technical Expert, Voith Paper
- Sage Duguay, Business Intelligence Consultant, Fisher International Inc.
- Garrett Fisher, Technical Sales Engineer, Kemira Chemicals
- Landon Kirkland, Process Engineer, Wood PLC
- Harrison Talton, R&D Researcher, Fiber Technology, WestRock
The award recognizes young professionals who have made significant contributions to the forest products industries in the following areas: leadership, community service, and problem-solving contributions to scientific or engineering projects.
Winners are granted one full year of TAPPI membership and are invited to attend their division-specific TAPPI conference during 2023 to receive their award.