Innovators Invited to Speak at TAPPI’s Advanced Coating Symposium
TAPPI has announced its Call for Abstracts for the anticipated Advanced Coating Symposium (ACS), taking place April 27-28, 2024, in the vibrant city of Cleveland, Ohio. The Symposium offers paper and board coatings professionals a platform to come together and explore the latest advancements in the field.
ACS focuses on a wide range of topics that are crucial to understanding and improving coating processes and structures in the industry. Researchers, scientists, engineers, and professionals are invited to submit abstracts related to the following suggested topics:
Advanced understanding of paper requirements (including surface characterization)
- Converting for barrier, packaging, etc.
- Coatings for printing and functional imaging, e.g. printed electronics & microfluidics
- Calendaring / finishing
Advanced understanding of paper & board coating processes and structures
- Chemistry of coating materials and interactions between the materials
- Coating structure and functional process properties
- Mathematical and computational modelling
- Coating structure, methods, and functional properties for molded pulp products
Sustainability: Advances at the forefront
- Sustainable components and processes (including energy saving, coating recycling)
- Sustainable products (e.g. bioactive and barrier coatings, binder systems)
Interested Coating should submit their abstract via TAPPI’s Speaker Management System (SMS) by December 1, 2023. All abstracts and presentations will be peer reviewed.