Leap Into 2024 with Top-Notch Training in Blown and Cast Film Extrusion
Back by popular demand, TAPPI is presenting a special flexible packaging training opportunity covering the entire process from pellets through packaging. Revamped to meet today’s specific growing technological needs, the Blown and Cast Film Extrusion Course will be presented by a distinguished panel of industry experts who will share their experience, safety concerns, troubleshooting tips, and updated equipment technologies.
The course, Tuesday, February 27 — Thursday, February 29, 2024 at Hotel Indigo in Savannah’s Historic District, is ideal for a variety of professionals such as:
- Extrusion Engineers, Extrusion Supervisors, and Packaging Engineers
- Extrusion Line Operators
- R & D Personnel
- Technical Service Personnel
- Technical Directors, Superintendents, and Technical Assistants
- Blown Film Converters
- Cast Film Converters
- Equipment and Resin Suppliers
- Auxiliary Equipment Suppliers
- Process Engineers
- Quality Control Personnel
- Plant Managers
- Set-up Technicians
- Purchasing Managers
This training event is an introductory-to-intermediate level course providing information on basic resin and equipment technology (extruders and dies) that have applications in both blown and cast film applications, including detailed instruction about equipment and processes.
The course schedule is jam-packed with exciting technical topics. It encompasses the changing needs of the industry like PE Plastomer Resins for Film, as there are growing applications in dispersible films (laundry detergent pods, etc.), as well as a segment on Rheology and Hot Stage Microscopy.
Attendees will learn to:
- Understand properties and processing issues of various film resins
- Identify capabilities, specifications, and limitations of various film extrusion & winding equipment components
- Think of the equipment and resin requirements for differing co-extrusion applications
- Consider how to approach processing problems and gel issues during extrusion
- Recognize film surface treatment options available to converters and when to apply them
- Explain the process requirements for making cast and blown film structures
- Understand terminology, general theory, and troubleshooting techniques used in designing extrusion screws
- Address safety concerns in extrusion processes
Register today and save on Early Bird Discounts. TAPPI members receive a discounted registration rates. Join or renew today at tappi.org/join. Bring your colleagues and save more with group discounts!