Coating Professionals Invited to Share Their Expertise
On April 27-28, 2024 TAPPI will hold its 16th Advanced Coating Symposium (ACS) in Cleveland, Ohio. Known as the preeminent forum bringing together the world’s foremost paper coating experts to discuss leading-edge research, the Symposium focuses on key topics including paper coating, surface properties, converting, printing operations, and sustainability.
Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) interested in presenting at ACS are invited to submit an abstract to TAPPI’s Speaker Management System (SMS) by November 11, 2023. All abstracts and presentations will be peer reviewed.
Suggested topics include:
Advanced understanding of paper requirements (including surface characterization):
- Converting for barrier, packaging, etc.
- Coatings for printing and functional imaging, e.g. printed electronics and microfluidics
- Calendaring / finishing
Advanced understanding of paper & board coating processes and structures:
- Chemistry of coating materials and interactions between the materials
- Coating structure and functional process properties
- Mathematical and computational modelling
- Coating structure, methods, and functional properties for molded pulp products
Sustainability: Advances at the forefront:
- Sustainable components and processes (including energy saving, coating recycling)
- Sustainable products (e.g. bioactive and barrier coatings, binder systems)
Abstracts must be uploaded to the SMS by November 11, 2023. Additional instructions can be found on the SMS site (24AdvancedCoatingSymposium) under submission help.