Runnability Fun Run
Runnability Fun Run
The Runnability Run/Walk was brought back to life in 2005 after a long absence by a group of enthusiastic and passionate volunteers! The event is typically held each spring on the Wednesday morning of the annual PaperCon conference. We choose a scenic venue close to the meeting hotel and head out for some early morning exercise and camaraderie. The event features a 5-kilometer competitive run and a shorter non-competitive walk. In recent years the planning committee agreed to evenly split the proceeds of the annual Fun Run amongst the scholarship funds of TAPPI’s Coating & Graphic Arts, Engineering, Paper & Board, Process Control and Process &Product Quality divisions.
Scholarship funds are raised primarily through corporate sponsorship and secondarily through individual registration fees and donations. We are extremely grateful to all of our sponsors and contributors. In 15 years this event has raised nearly $176,000 to fund the education of future pulp and paper industry professionals.
TAPPI’s “Runnability Fun Run Selfie Shuffle” is going virtual for 2021. We hope you will participate in our fundraising for the Paper & Board, Engineering, Coating, Process & Product Quality, and Process Control Division Scholarships.
How to participate:
- Register at (insert link here). Registration remains $30 per person or $15 if you are a full-time student. Be sure to indicate your t-shirt size.
- Once registered, you will automatically be invited via e-mail to the TAPPICon Runnability Fun Run Connect Community we have created to celebrate our event.
- Invite your friends to join you in a socially distanced 5K on the course of your choice.
- Complete your 5K distance run or walk between May 4 - 18. If available, we encourage you to wear a Runnability race shirt from a prior year.
- Take a finishing selfie photo and record your time.
- Upload your photo and finishing time to the Fun Run Connect Community no later than May 21. Alternately, you can e-mail these to [email protected].
- We will mail you a 2021 race t-shirt, and compile and distribute results and a photo collage. Results and photos will be available on TAPPI Connect (https://connect.tappi.org) and at https://www.tappi.org/members/runnability-fun-run/.
Thanks in advance to both our sponsors and participants for your continued support of our college scholarship fundraising. If you signed up to sponsor or participate in 2020, that commitment is already carried forward to our 2021 event. We look forward to continued event success this year. We will see you again “live” in 2022.
2005 Milwaukee Paper & Board Division Scholarship 2006 Atlanta Engineering Division Scholarship 2007 Jacksonville Paper & Board Division Scholarship 2008 Dallas Process & Product Quality Division Scholarship 2009 St. Louis Coating & Graphic Arts / Engineering Division Scholarships 2010 Atlanta Process Control Paper & Board Division Scholarships 2011 Cincinnati Engineering and Process & Product Quality Division Scholarships 2012 New Orleans Coating & Graphic Arts / Process Control Division Scholarships 2013 Atlanta Engineering / Paper & Board Division Scholarships 2014 Nashville Process & Product Quality Division / Coating & Graphic Arts 2015 Atlanta Process Control/Paper and Board 2016 Cincinnati All Five Divisional Scholarships are Supported 2017 Minneapolis All Five Divisional Scholarships are supported 2018 Charlotte All Five Divisional Scholarships are supported
Indianapolis All Five Divisional Scholarships are supported
Canal Walk, Indianapolis, IN
Wednesday, May 8, 2018 6:30 AM