TAPPI Local Sections
Our Local Sections are organized geographically and open to all TAPPI members.BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Chicago Local Section
Charter Date: 1946
Geographic Boundaries: US states of Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Minnesota
Special Interests: Corrugating, folding cartons, sheet plants
Mission: The mission of Chicago TAPPI is to build business relationships and promote the corrugated industry by educating our members through the exchange of new ideas and technical expertise.
Join Chicago TAPPI at its 20th Annual Golf Outing
Social Distancing precautions will be in place!
Chicago TAPPI invites you to our annual golf outing. We are playing at a special venue this year so you don’t want to miss it!
When: Monday, September 21, 2020
Where: Meadowbrook Country Club
2149 N Green Bay Road
Mt. Pleasant, WI 53405
Time: Registration from noon until 1:30 PM, with shotgun start at 1:30 PM
Format: 4 Person Scramble
Player Cost: $125/player – Pay at the course the day of the event. Register as individuals, or as a team, by emailing John Meyer or calling 269-569-0060.
We welcome you to invite your clients as your guests. Register soon as space is limited and is on a first-come, first-serve basis. You need not be a TAPPI member to attend.
Hole Sponsorships available for $100/hole.
Click on names to email directly
Chicago TAPPI $4,000 Scholarship
All candidates must be:
- A High School Senior who is provisionally accepted as full-time student into undergraduate degree programs by an accredited junior college or full four year college / university.
- A full time student enrolled in undergraduate or graduate studies at an accredited junior college, college or university.
- Must have a parent, grandparent or legal guardian who is a member of Chicago TAPPI in good standing.
- Past Chicago TAPPI Scholarship winners are not eligible to participate in the application process a second time.
Congratulations to our recent Chicago TAPPI Scholarship winner.
Alison Dry is currently a freshman at the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University studying Accounting with a minor in French. Last spring, Alison graduated from Downers Grove North with Distinguished Honors and was involved in several extra-curricular programs. At North, she swam all four years on the DGN Swim Team and was captain during her senior year. She also swam for Hornets Swim Club and was an assistant coach last year. In addition, Alison played trombone in Marching Band, Wind Ensemble, Pit Orchestra, and Jazz Band, and she is looking forward to joining the IU Marching Hundred this year. She was involved in a leadership team called Positively North Stars, National Honors Society, and French National Honors Society.
Additional scholarship information
Inside this Section
- Coating and Graphic Arts
- Corrugated Packaging
- International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division
- Nonwovens, Engineers and Technologists (NET)
- Paper and Board
- PIMA Management
- Process Control
- Process and Product Quality
- Pulp Manufacture
- Women in Industry
- Young Professionals
- Independent Technical Committees
- Runnability Fun Run
- Chicago Local Section
- Couch Pit University Fraternity
- Empire State TAPPI/New York Canadian PIMA Local Section
- Four States TAPPI
- Gulf Coast TAPPI Local Section
- Lake States TAPPI
- Northeast PIMA/TAPPI (formerly Maine-New Hampshire)
- Pacific TAPPI/Pacific Coast PIMA Local Section
- Southeastern TAPPI Local Section