TAPPI Local Sections
Our Local Sections are organized geographically and open to all TAPPI members.BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Chicago Local Section
Charter Date: 1946
Geographic Boundaries: US states of Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Minnesota
Special Interests: Corrugating, folding cartons, sheet plants
Mission: The mission of Chicago TAPPI is to build business relationships and promote the corrugated industry by educating our members through the exchange of new ideas and technical expertise.
TUESDAY, November 5, 2019
Marriott Oak Brook, IL
"Box Making…Fine Tuning the Process"
Front end processes and information
At least half of the work on a job is done before the first sheet goes through the press.
Sales involvement –
- What do we need to know to make sure we quote correctly
- What information we need to ensure expectations are level
Customer Service – How much does customer service need to know? What is the best way to teach them?
Pre-press and graphics - In house - we own what goes on our machines!
Work with the crews -
- External pre-press at the plate maker
- Coordination between plant and plate maker
Partnerships – Plates – Paper – Ink - Dies
Fingerprints - what we need to know about what we can do
Print champion – Is this a full time job?
Just because we can, doesn’t mean we should
Geoff Roznak, Geoff spent 36 years in the corrugated industry in varied roles…working on the plant floor, structural design, customer service, quality manager (when plants were first certifying to ISO 9000 standards) and high end direct print on corrugated. His experience was in both integrated and independent converters.
Peter Murphy, Peter has 45 years in the Corrugated / Display business.
Social hour begins at 5:00 pm, Dinner at 6:00 pm
Congratulations to our recent Chicago TAPPI Scholarship winners.
Lindsey Murphy from Necedah WI and Joshua Wagner from Appleton, WI were each awarded a $4000 scholarship this year.
Additional scholarship information
Inside this Section
- Coating and Graphic Arts
- Corrugated Packaging
- Independent Technical Committees
- Nonwovens, Engineers and Technologists (NET)
- PIMA Management
- International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division
- Process and Product Quality
- Process Control
- Paper and Board
- Pulp Manufacture
- Young Professionals
- Women in Industry
- Tissue Division
- Runnability Fun Run
- Couch Pit University Fraternity
- Pacific TAPPI/Pacific Coast PIMA Local Section
- Four States TAPPI
- Chicago Local Section
- Southeastern TAPPI Local Section
- Northeast PIMA/TAPPI (formerly Maine-New Hampshire)
- Lake States TAPPI
- Gulf Coast TAPPI Local Section
- Empire State TAPPI/New York Canadian PIMA Local Section
- Chicago Local Section