Ahead of the Curve
ORNL Brings Big Science to Address the Climate ChallengeLATEST ISSUE
GET INVOLVED IN THE DIVISION
Welcome to our Corrugated Packaging Division page!
The Corrugated Packaging Division focuses on the manufacture and use of corrugated containers and associated packaging materials and products. It serves as a forum for knowledge sharing in the corrugated packaging industry. The Division is comprised of members who work for manufacturers, converters, suppliers, consulting companies, and others in the industry.
The Corrugated Packaging Council (CPC) is the governing body of TAPPI’s Corrugated Division. It is comprised of eight appointed members from major integrated and independent box companies, and nine elected positions, including suppliers and current committee chairs.
The Technical Committees of the Corrugated Packaging Division work together throughout the year to solve problems, develop technical papers, plan conference sessions, and more.
The Division hosts several events:
- CorrExpo® - Held every odd year, this event includes an exhibit, technical sessions and workshops,as well as multiple networking events.
- Corrugated Week - Held in even years, TAPPI joins with the Association of Independent Corrugated Converters (AICC) to produce this event, following the same format as CorrExpo but with the additional attendee benefit of having content developed for both independent and integrated plants.
- SuperCorrExpo® - Held every four years, in conjunction with AICC, this is the largest corrugated-related machinery show in the Western Hemisphere, attracting more than 6,000 visitors from over 70 countries who attend not only for the large exhibit, but for the training and technical sessions that are conducted.
- Box Manufacturing Olympics – Held in conjunction with SuperCorrExpo® every four years, this event recognizes the finest corrugated, folding carton and rigid box packaging products manufactured during the previous four years. While this has replaced the former CorrPak® Competion, there will be one final CorrPak® Competion held in 2026 which will award the final Corrbie statues for Best of Show Printing and Best of Show Structure.
Two Memorial Scholarships have been set up in memory of two well-known professionals in the corrugated industry. The Joe Dieffenbacher Memorial Engineering Scholarship Fund was established in 2018 by the TAPPI Corrugated Packaging Council and offers a $5000 scholarship to qualified candidates seeking a career in engineering within the corrugated industry. The Terry S. Paulson Memorial Scholarship Fund was established by friends of Terry and Schwarz Partners for students pursuing further education in corrugated maintenance or engineering and offers two $5000 scholarships each year to qualified candidates.
Additional scholarships in the amount of $1000 are sponsored by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI), Bobst Group, the Corrugated Packaging Division and the Corrugated Supplier Committee. The John O. Telesca Engineering Scholarship sponsored by WestRock is also available annually.
Chicago TAPPI Scholarship Opportunities
TAPPI has developed a scholarship program in which it will award a $4000 scholarship to one deserving college student whose parent, grandparent or legal guardian is a member of Chicago TAPPI in good standing. In addition, we are giving two $2000 scholarships for full time or part time workers in the corrugated industry for continuing education who are attending day/night school for an undergraduate degree, technical or trade school.
We are pleased to provide TAPPI Connect as a centralized, online resource for our members, consultants and volunteers to network, share knowledge, problem solve and collaborate.
Inside this Section
- Coating, Printing and Surface Enhancement
- Corrugated Packaging
- Independent Technical Committees
- Nonwovens, Engineers and Technologists (NET)
- International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division
- Paper and Board
- PIMA Management
- Process and Product Quality
- Process Control
- Pulp Manufacture
- Tissue Division
- Women in Industry
- Young Professionals