2021 Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Award
Travis Plains of Lhoist North America Named Recipient of TAPPI’s Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Award
Achievement award recognizes remarkable leadership and service
TAPPI is pleased to announce that Travis Plains has been named winner of the distinguished Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Award. He is Senior Regional Terminal Operations Manager for Lhoist North America in Birmingham, Ala.
Plains has a Bachelor of Science in Business from Arizona State University and a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Phoenix.
He joined Lhoist in 2011 as a market analyst at their Fort Worth, Texas facility. In 2013, he transitioned into sales and now works in their Southeast region specializing in the paper and steel industries. Lhoist North America is part of the Lhoist Group, a major supplier of lime, limestone and clay products to various industries, including the pulp and paper sector.
A TAPPI member since 2015, Plains is an active participant in the Gulf Coast TAPPI Local Section, currently serving as Vice Chairman. He has made a lasting impact on the Section’s operations though his planning and participation in the Section’s meetings, improvements to communications and updates to the membership roster.
The award will be presented at TAPPICon, October 3-6, 2021 in Atlanta, Ga., USA.
About the Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Member Award:
The Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Member Award recognizes remarkable leadership and service to one or more TAPPI Local Sections. Recipients are individuals whose exceptional service has resulted in significant and measurable benefits to TAPPI Local Sections through a single activity or through longtime efforts.
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and converting industries and publisher of Paper360°, Tissue360° and TAPPI Journal. Through information exchange, events, trusted content and networking opportunities, TAPPI helps members elevate their performance by providing solutions that lead to better, faster and more cost-effective ways of doing business. It has provided management training and networking to the industry’s leaders for more than 100 years. For more information, visit TAPPI’s website.
Inside this Section
- Coating and Graphic Arts Division Past Winners
- Corrugated Packaging Past Award Winners
- Environmental Past Award Winners
- Engineering Division Past Winners
- Finishing & Converting Past Award Winners
- International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division Past Award Winners
- Nanotechnology Division Past Award Winners
- Nonwovens Division Past Award Winners
- Paper & Board Division Past Award Winners
- PIMA Past Award Winners
- Process Control Division Past Award Winners
- Process & Product Quality Division Past Award Winners
- Pulp Manufacture Past Award Winners
- Research and Development Past Award Winners
- Women in Industry Woman of the Year Award
- 2022 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2021 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2020 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2019 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- 2018 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- 2017 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- Membership Anniversaries