2019 TAPPI PIMA Executive of the Year Winner
TAPPI is pleased to announce that John D. Williams has been named winner of the esteemed TAPPI/PIMA Executive of the Year Award. Mr. Williams has been President, Chief Executive Officer of Domtar since January 2009 and is also a member of the Board of Directors.
Mr. Williams has over 40 years of experience in both consumer products and packaging. He began his career in consumer product sales in 1976, gaining insight into key market dynamics in the U.K. and the U.S. Prior to joining Domtar, he was President of SCA Packaging Europe.
Mr. Williams is Lead Independent Director of the Board of Directors of Owens Corning (NYSE: OC); a Director of Form Technologies, Inc., a privately-held leading global group of precision component manufacturers based in Charlotte, North Carolina, the Chair of the advisory board of the Stern Center for Sustainable Business at New York University; the past Chairman of the Paper and Packaging Board (the Paper Check-off); and the past Chairman of the Board for the American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA). In 2010, he was named North American CEO of the Year by RISI as well as Global CEO of the Year by Pulp & Paper International (PPI).
Mr. Williams was named "Executive Papermaker of the Year" for 2012 by PaperAge Magazine. He also serves on the boards of the British-American Business Council of North Carolina, which promotes trade and investment between the state and the United Kingdom, the nonprofit Camp Blue Skies Foundation, which is dedicated to enhancing the lives of adults with intellectual disabilities, and he is Chairman of Trustees for the Palisades Episcopal School, a private school in Meckenburg county.
Inside this Section
- Coating and Graphic Arts Division Past Winners
- Corrugated Packaging Past Award Winners
- Environmental Past Award Winners
- Engineering Division Past Winners
- Finishing & Converting Past Award Winners
- International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division Past Award Winners
- Nanotechnology Division Past Award Winners
- Nonwovens Division Past Award Winners
- Paper & Board Division Past Award Winners
- PIMA Past Award Winners
- Process Control Division Past Award Winners
- Process & Product Quality Division Past Award Winners
- Pulp Manufacture Past Award Winners
- Research and Development Past Award Winners
- Women in Industry Woman of the Year Award
- 2022 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2021 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2020 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2019 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- 2018 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- 2017 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- Membership Anniversaries