Awards and Honors
Recognizing member achievementsHONORS MANUAL
TAPPI Awards Overview
Know someone who deserves an award? Submit a Name for Award Nomination. Nominations are due by August 1 of each year for the award to be presented the following calendar year.
|Online Application||Nominations Pass Along Message||YP of the Year Pass Along Message|
Established in 1928, this is the highest honor that we can bestow upon an individual. The Gold Medal is granted to those who have made preeminent scientific and engineering achievements of proven applied benefit to the world’s pulp, paper, board, and forest product industries. The forest product industries include forestry, derived products, their process technology, and their applications.
The award is accompanied by a cash honorarium, which has been approximately $60,000 - $80,000 in recent years.
Established in 1983, this honor is presented to an individual for exemplary leadership who has significantly contributed to the advancement of TAPPI.
The award is accompanied by a cash honorarium, which has been approximately $50,000 - $70,000 in recent years.
This award was established to recognize an individual whose outstanding leadership and exceptional service to one or more Local Sections has resulted in significant and demonstrable benefits to members.
The award is accompanied by a $2,500 cash honorarium.
This award presented to senior-level executives in the pulp, paper, or converting industries for excellence in management and outstanding contributions to the industry as a whole.
This award recognizes Young Professionals employed in the global forest products, pulp, paper, tissue, packaging, and associated industries for their contributions in the following areas: Leadership, Community Service, Problem Solving Contributions to Scientific or Engineering Projects. Eligible nominees are age 35 or younger, with no more than 10 years of industry experience, and been a TAPPI member for a minimum of one year.
TAPPI Fellows are selected members chosen in recognition of meritorious service to TAPPI and the industry. The title Fellow is also conferred upon TAPPI Board chairs, vice chairs, and directors at the end of their terms of office, as well as Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal Awardees and Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Recipients.
Our Divisions grant awards to individuals in recognition of outstanding accomplishments or contributions to the industry’s technology or TAPPI. Each Technical Division may grant no more than one award for technical achievement and one for leadership and service per year. Some awards also are accompanied by a cash prize.
The Engineering Division Technical Award and Beloit Prize, which is presented annually at the PEERS opening session, when an outstanding candidate is available, is the highest TAPPI honor presented at the Division level and is accompanied by a $2500 stipend provided through an endowment fund to TAPPI established at the Beloit Corporation.
Inside this Section
- Coating and Graphic Arts Division Past Winners
- Corrugated Packaging Past Award Winners
- Environmental Past Award Winners
- Engineering Division Past Winners
- Finishing & Converting Past Award Winners
- International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division Past Award Winners
- Nanotechnology Division Past Award Winners
- Nonwovens Division Past Award Winners
- Paper & Board Division Past Award Winners
- PIMA Past Award Winners
- Process Control Division Past Award Winners
- Process & Product Quality Division Past Award Winners
- Pulp Manufacture Past Award Winners
- Research and Development Past Award Winners
- Women in Industry Woman of the Year Award
- 2022 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2021 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2020 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Winner
- 2019 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- 2018 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- 2017 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- Membership Anniversaries