Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition Now Available from TAPPI Press
ATLANTA (May 6, 2020) – A new stand-alone training resource is now available for professionals and operations personnel at all levels in the plastics film industry, including plastic film manufacturing, converting, equipment suppliers and polymer suppliers.
Published by TAPPI Press, Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition is the result of a three-year effort to update the 2005 Film Extrusion Manual, Second Edition. This peer-reviewed manual is the culmination of more than 50 industry expert contributors and focuses on what is new and different in the film extrusion industry.
The materials covered were selected from a combination of sources, including subject matter experts from across the industry, peer-reviewed papers presented at the Division’s conferences, and course presentations.
Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition includes enhanced detail on ancillary equipment used in the extrusion process. In the new edition, the editors expanded the sections on quality control and testing and added new sections on metalizing and laminating as well as tools on how to develop and interpret structures.
James (Jim) F. Macnamara Jr, a 28-year industry veteran, served as the manual’s global editor.
“A lot has happened in advancements in technology, materials, equipment and processing in the 15 years since the second edition was published,” said Macnamara. “It was time that the changes be reflected in an updated version of the manual.”
Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition is available for $190 for TAPPI Members; $247 for non-members. Ebook format is also available. Orders can be placed online or through TAPPI’s Member Connection Center, 1-800-332-8686 (US).
About TAPPI and TAPPI Press:
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and converting industries and publisher of Paper360°, Tissue360° and TAPPI Journal. TAPPI Press is known worldwide as an industry leader for publishing reliable and practical books, reports, conference proceedings, and training products that help members, students, and other industry professionals enhance their technical knowledge. For more information, visit TAPPI’s website.
Inside this Section
- TAPPI Academy Announces Addition of Web and Winding Courses to eLearning Offerings
- TAPPI Announces Cash Prize to Accompany TAPPI Journal Best Research Paper Award
- Master Papermaking Additives to Gain Competitive Advantage and Better Meet Customers’ Needs
- Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2020
- TAPPI Awards Highest Honors for 2020
- Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition Now Available From TAPPI Press
- Black Liquor Evaporation Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Industry News
- April 2019 Committee of the Month - Runnability Planning Committee
- Mentor Match Signup - Spring 2019
- A Guide to the Nanotechnology used in the Average Home
- 65 North American Companies Remove Go Paperless - Go Green Claims
- 5,000 journals articles and conference papers now available to search
- 2017 starts with sales soaring for paper diaries, notebooks and planners
- 20 never seen before packaging designs
- Better Together Podcast