Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition Now Available From TAPPI Press
ATLANTA (January 20, 2020) – A new, practical reference on kraft recovery boilers is now available for engineering, technical, and supervisory staff at pulp and paper mills, as well as technical people working in the field.
Published by TAPPI Press, Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Editioncompiles work and research from the past 20 years from organizations such as the Renewable Bioproducts Institute (formerly Institute of Paper Science and Technology), Åbo Akademi University, Aalto University, and the University of Toronto into a single, integrated, coherent portrayal of recovery boiler technology.
The third edition is edited by Honghi Tran, Ph.D., a professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, the Frank Dottori Chair in Pulp and Paper Engineering, and the Director of the Pulp & Paper Centre at the University of Toronto. Tran has chaired the TAPPI Kraft Recovery Operations Course (KROS) since 2006.
Seven experts who have served alongside Tran as instructors of the course for many years coauthored the book.
Contributing authors include:
- Terry N. Adams, Ph.D., consultant, T.N. Adams Consulting
- Mikko Hupa, Ph.D., Chemical Engineering Professor, Åbo Akademi University (ÅAU) in Turku, Finland.
- William J. (Jim) Frederick, Jr., Ph.D., Principal, Table Mountain Consulting, LLC
- Thomas M. Grace, Ph.D., retired. Former professor, Institute of Paper Chemistry (now IPST at Georgia Tech) and adjunct professor, University of Toronto
- Andrew K. Jones, Ph.D., senior engineering fellow, International Paper
- W.B.A. Sandy Sharp, Ph.D., consultant, Sharp Consultant
- Douglas Singbeil, industrial sector leader, BioProducts, FPInnovations
Like the previous two editions, this book is sponsored by the Recovery Boiler Program R&D Subcommittee of the American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) and published by TAPPI Press.
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and converting industries and publisher of Paper360°, Tissue360° and TAPPI Journal. Through information exchange, events, trusted content and networking opportunities, TAPPI helps members elevate their performance by providing solutions that lead to better, faster and more cost-effective ways of doing business. It has provided management training and networking to the industry’s leaders for more than 100 years. For more information, visit TAPPI’s website.
Inside this Section
- TAPPI Journal Awards Two Best Research Papers for 2020
- New TAPPI Board of Directors and Officers Announced
- TAPPI Announces 2020 Engineering Division Technical Award and Beloit Prize Winner
- TAPPI Academy Announces Addition of Web and Winding Courses to eLearning Offerings
- TAPPI Announces Cash Prize to Accompany TAPPI Journal Best Research Paper Award
- Master Papermaking Additives to Gain Competitive Advantage and Better Meet Customers’ Needs
- Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2020
- TAPPI Awards Highest Honors for 2020
- Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition Now Available From TAPPI Press
- Black Liquor Evaporation Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Lime Kilns and Recausticizing: The Forgotten Part of a Kraft Mill Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Industry News
- April 2019 Committee of the Month - Runnability Planning Committee
- Mentor Match Signup - Spring 2019
- A Guide to the Nanotechnology used in the Average Home
- 65 North American Companies Remove Go Paperless - Go Green Claims
- 5,000 journals articles and conference papers now available to search
- 2017 starts with sales soaring for paper diaries, notebooks and planners
- 20 never seen before packaging designs
- Better Together Podcast