TAPPI Academy Announces Addition of Web and Winding Courses to eLearning Offerings
ATLANTA (November 11, 2020) – TAPPI Academy has announced the addition of two important web and winding eLearning courses targeted toward technical personnel responsible for nearly all web machines.
The courses, Web Handling and Converting and Web Winding: Machines, Mechanics and Measurements, utilize comprehensive videos and figure-based visuals. They are presented by subject matter expert David Roisum, Ph.D., of Finishing Technologies, a well-known authority in web handling and converting. An accomplished author, professional speaker and instructor, Roisum is noted for his skill in translating highly technical information into common sense, practical references. More than 5,000 students have already attended these award-winning courses with Dr. Roisum.
“Now more than ever, it’s important to provide quality training resources in flexible formats,” noted Dr. Roisum. “These courses certainly fit that bill and offer web operators and others a convenient way to augment their professional skills.”
By completing Web Handling and Converting, students will:
- Learn to eliminate wrinkles, baggy webs and apply effective spreading.
- Learn to eliminate winding defects and troubleshoot a variety of web, web handling and converting issues.
- Be able to design and maintain web machinery, control systems for tension, nip, guiding and design processes for more reliable manufacturing.
- Understand why the web world does what it does
The second course, Web Winding: Machines, Mechanics and Measurements, builds on the foundation established in the first course. The learning outcomes include how to:
- Eliminate winding defects
- Know whether your defect is manufacturing- or winding –related, or both
- Select and use the proper type of winder and settings for your product
- Design and maintain winding machinery
- Design and maintain winder control systems for tension, nip and torque
- Design and manufacture webs for more reliable winding
- Troubleshoot a variety of web, winding and operational issues
Both courses include built-in learning assessments designed to reinforce comprehension. Each course is less than nine hours long, broken into modules that range from 14 minutes to an hour, allowing students to learn at their own pace.
The courses are available for Individual and Company Licensing. For more information about obtaining a Company License, contact [email protected].
About TAPPI and TAPPI Press:
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and converting industries and publisher of Paper360°, Tissue360° and TAPPI Journal. TAPPI Press is known worldwide as an industry leader for publishing highly respected technical books, reports, conference proceedings, and training products that help members, students, and other industry professionals enhance their technical knowledge. For more information, visit TAPPI’s website.
Inside this Section
- TAPPI Academy Announces Addition of Web and Winding Courses to eLearning Offerings
- TAPPI Announces Cash Prize to Accompany TAPPI Journal Best Research Paper Award
- Master Papermaking Additives to Gain Competitive Advantage and Better Meet Customers’ Needs
- Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2020
- TAPPI Awards Highest Honors for 2020
- Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition Now Available From TAPPI Press
- Black Liquor Evaporation Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Industry News
- April 2019 Committee of the Month - Runnability Planning Committee
- Mentor Match Signup - Spring 2019
- A Guide to the Nanotechnology used in the Average Home
- 65 North American Companies Remove Go Paperless - Go Green Claims
- 5,000 journals articles and conference papers now available to search
- 2017 starts with sales soaring for paper diaries, notebooks and planners
- 20 never seen before packaging designs
- Better Together Podcast