Master Papermaking Additives to Gain Competitive Advantage and Better Meet Customers’ Needs
Media Contact: Jana Jensen, 770-209-7242
ATLANTA (August 12, 2020) – Make Paper Products Stand Out: Strategic Use of Wet End Chemical Additives, a new release from TAPPI Press, will help paper technologists differentiate their products and better meet the paper performance needs of their customers.
According to Martin A. Hubbe, one of the book’s editors, “Readers will learn how to use functional additives as a tool to gain competitive advantages, efficiently leverage investments and fine-tune products.”
The addition of relatively small amounts of papermaking additives such as dyes, hydrophobic sizing agents, dry strength agents, and wet-strength agents can significantly change the properties of paper. Such agents can markedly affect attributes of the paper product, including color, brightness, opacity, resistance to fluids, liquid absorption or holdout characteristics, as well as a wide range of strength attributes. Make Paper Products Stand Out highlights many of the approaches that papermakers utilize to adjust and control critical properties necessary for the performance of their paper grades.
The book’s 19 authors dive deeply into: colorants; fluid resistance; absorbency; tactile and frictional effects; security papers; dry strength; bulky, formable, or foldable paper; and printing paper.
This is the second joint editorial effort for Hubbe and Scott Rosencrance. They co-edited Advances in Papermaking Wet End Chemistry Application Technologies, also from TAPPI Press, in 2018. The duo is already working on a third publication about process additives for paper.
Make Paper Products Stand Out is available for $95 for TAPPI Members; $124 for non-members. Ebook format is also available. Orders can be placed online or through TAPPI’s Member Connection Center, 1-800-332-8686 (US).
About TAPPI and TAPPI Press:
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and converting industries and publisher of Paper360°, Tissue360° and TAPPI Journal. TAPPI Press is known worldwide as an industry leader for publishing highly respected technical books, reports, conference proceedings, and training products that help members, students, and other industry professionals enhance their technical knowledge. For more information, visit TAPPI’s website.
Inside this Section
- TAPPI Academy Announces Addition of Web and Winding Courses to eLearning Offerings
- TAPPI Announces Cash Prize to Accompany TAPPI Journal Best Research Paper Award
- Master Papermaking Additives to Gain Competitive Advantage and Better Meet Customers’ Needs
- Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2020
- TAPPI Awards Highest Honors for 2020
- Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition Now Available From TAPPI Press
- Black Liquor Evaporation Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Industry News
- April 2019 Committee of the Month - Runnability Planning Committee
- Mentor Match Signup - Spring 2019
- A Guide to the Nanotechnology used in the Average Home
- 65 North American Companies Remove Go Paperless - Go Green Claims
- 5,000 journals articles and conference papers now available to search
- 2017 starts with sales soaring for paper diaries, notebooks and planners
- 20 never seen before packaging designs
- Better Together Podcast