Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Award
Micki Meggison of Sappi North America and Michael von Grumbkow of BTG Group Named Recipients of TAPPI’s Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Award
Achievement award recognizes remarkable leadership and service
TAPPI is pleased to announce that Micki Meggison and Michael von Grumbkow have been named winners of the distinguished Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Award.
Meggison is a Process Improvement Black Belt with Sappi North America in Westbrook, ME, the mill she has worked at her entire career.
She has held a variety of engineering and operations positions including: technical engineer, first line supervisor, process control and E&I engineer, pulping asset manager, coating operations manager, manufacturing operations manager, and technical director.
She served on Sappi’s Sustainability Council from 2010 to 2022, collaborating with colleagues to develop and execute strategic goals and objectives. Meggison was the first Engineer-in-Residence at the University of Southern Maine and served on the university’s Engineering Advisory Board from 2012-2021.
She became involved with the TAPPI/PIMA Student Chapter as a freshman at University of Maine and served as chapter Vice President in her senior year. Meggison joined TAPPI as a professional member in 1990 and served on the Maine-New Hampshire TAPPI (ME/NH TAPPI) executive committee for several years.
She was recruited to the executive committee of the Northeast PIMA Local Section in 1999. She served as the Vice Chair from 2000 to 2008 before being elected treasurer during the merger of Northeast PIMA with ME/NH TAPPI. When TAPPI acquired PIMA in 2008, Meggison joined the PIMA Executive Council, serving until 2012.
She received the PIMA Del Boutin Division Service Award in 2011. Meggison has co-organized the Northeast PIMA/TAPPI Scholarship Fund Golf Tournament each year since 2012.
von Grumbkow is part of BTG Instrument’s Global Solutions Team – Paper and Board. He joined Lake States TAPPI/North Central PIMA in 2007 and served as Chair of the Local Section’s Executive Board from 2017 to 2021. A TAPPI member since 2012, he also served on several committees for both PIMA and TAPPI.
von Grumbkow earned diplomas in mechanical engineering and process engineering from the University of Braunschweig in Germany. He has been in the paper industry for over 28 years, initially with Voith Paper in numerous positions, and in recent years with BTG, where he is developing and supporting multi-component solutions to improve the efficiency and product quality in paper mills globally.
The awards will be presented at TAPPICon, April 30-May 4 in Charlotte, NC, USA.
About the Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Member Award:
The Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Member Award recognizes remarkable leadership and service to one or more TAPPI Local Sections. Recipients are individuals whose exceptional service has resulted in significant and measurable benefits to TAPPI Local Sections through a single activity or through longtime efforts.
Inside this Section
- TAPPI Journal Awards Two Best Research Papers for 2020
- New TAPPI Board of Directors and Officers Announced
- TAPPI Announces 2020 Engineering Division Technical Award and Beloit Prize Winner
- TAPPI Academy Announces Addition of Web and Winding Courses to eLearning Offerings
- TAPPI Announces Cash Prize to Accompany TAPPI Journal Best Research Paper Award
- Master Papermaking Additives to Gain Competitive Advantage and Better Meet Customers’ Needs
- Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2020
- TAPPI Awards Highest Honors for 2020
- Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition Now Available From TAPPI Press
- Black Liquor Evaporation Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Lime Kilns and Recausticizing: The Forgotten Part of a Kraft Mill Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Foundation Awards 2021-2022 Scholarships
- Two Major Training Events for the Pulp and Paper Industry Set for January 10 – 13, 2022 in St. Petersburg, Florida
- Interactive Panel Provides Perspectives on 2025 Sustainability Initiatives In the Flexible Packaging Industry
- Introducing TAPPI’s Newest Directors
- WestRock’s Director-Research and Innovation Named Recipient of TAPPI’s 2022 Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal Award
- John Neun Named Recipient of 2022 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Award
- TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2022
- TAPPI Journal Awards Best Research Paper for 2021
- Chairman and CEO of Green Bay Packaging Inc. Receives TAPPI/PIMA 2022 Executive of the Year Award
- MICA TO SPONSOR AND PRESENT AT TAPPI'S EXTRUSION COATING COURSE
- New Handbook Assists Paper Mills to Achieve Efficient Operation through Utilization of Process Chemicals
- Innovation to Take Center Stage at Biennial European PLACE Conference
- TAPPI European PLACE Conference Offers Valuable Educational and Networking Opportunities
- Education and Networking to Take Center Stage at Fiberglass Mat Event
- Chemical Recovery in the Alkaline Pulping Processes, Fourth Edition Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Journal Announces New Editorial Board Members
- TAPPI Announces New Directors and Officers of the Board
- North Carolina State University’s Professor and Buckman Distinguished Scientist Named Recipient of TAPPI’s 2023 Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal Award
- Brian N. Brogdon Honored with TAPPI’s 2023 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
- TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2023
- TAPPI Journal Awards Best Research Papers for 2022
- President and CEO of Stora Enso Receives TAPPI/PIMA 2023 Executive of the Year Award
- Announcing TAPPI’s CorrExpo 2023 Keynoters: Bob Chapman, Chairman and CEO, Barry-Wehmiller and World-Class Drummer Mark Schulman
- TAPPI’s Women in Industry Division Names Sappi North America’s Vice President of Research, Development and Sustainability and North Carolina State University’s Assistant Dean for Advancement in the College of Natural Resources Recipients of the 2023 Woman
- Announcing TAPPI’s CorrExpo 2023 Box Plant Deal
- Call for Speakers Issued for TAPPI’s 2024 FlexPack PLACE Conference
- TAPPI Announces 2023 Award Winners For the Corrugated Packaging Division
- TAPPI Announces CorrExpo 2023 What’s New/Tech Talks Presentations
- Abstracts Sought for TAPPI’s FlexPack PLACE Conference
- Fiberglass Mat Community to Meet October 17-19, 2023 in Chattanooga, TN
- Call for Presentations Extended for TAPPI’s FlexPack PLACE Conference
- TAPPI Foundation Names 2023-2024 Scholarship Winners
- Corrugated Boot Camp Hosted by Chicago TAPPI Following Annual Board Meeting
- Keynote Speakers Announced for TAPPI’s 2024 FlexPack PLACE Conference
- TAPPI/AICC Announce Jake Hall and Greg Gumbel to Keynote at SuperCorrExpo
- Interactive Panel Explores Flexible Packaging’s Challenges and Limitations in Creating More Sustainable Solutions at TAPPI’s FlexPack PLACE Conference
- Early-bird Registration Opens for the 2024 TAPPI International Conference on Nanotechnology for Renewable Materials
- TAPPI Journal Awards Best Research Paper for 2023 and Announces Editorial Board Changes for 2024
- April 2019 Committee of the Month - Runnability Planning Committee
- Mentor Match Signup - Spring 2019
- A Guide to the Nanotechnology used in the Average Home
- 65 North American Companies Remove Go Paperless - Go Green Claims
- 5,000 journals articles and conference papers now available to search
- 2017 starts with sales soaring for paper diaries, notebooks and planners
- 20 never seen before packaging designs
- Better Together Podcast