Lime Kilns and Recausticizing: The Forgotten Part of a Kraft Mill Now Available from TAPPI Press
An in-depth reference and training guide on an often-overlooked area of the mill
(March 30, 2021) – Written for entry-level and operating engineers who are new to the industry, Lime Kilns and Recausticizing: The Forgotten Part of a Kraft Mill serves as a training resource, and as an in-depth reference guide and refresher for more seasoned engineers in this area of the mill that is often overlooked in most textbooks.
This new resource reviews the entire kraft chemical recovery cycle, as well as lime kiln chemistry, and includes 11 chapters dedicated to all areas of the kiln, both process and mechanical. It covers recausticizing chemistry, green liquor scale formation, recausticizing equipment and recausticizing process control.
Editors Peter W. Hart, TAPPI Fellow, director – Fiber Science, WestRock; Glenn M. Hanson III, TAPPI Fellow, technical sales support- NCA, Metso Outotec; and Richard P. Manning, technical consultant worked together to provide a solid theoretical foundation, intermixed with practical operating experiences and troubleshooting guides.
“As more seasoned engineers retire, they take with them the knowledge about overlooked areas like the lime kiln,” said Hart. “Our intent is to help fill the gap for new engineers, providing them good operating practices and a solid understanding of the theories that back them up.”
Lime Kilns and Recausticizing: The Forgotten Part of a Kraft Mill is available for $145 for TAPPI members; $185 for non-members. Ebook format is also available. Orders can be placed online or through TAPPI’s Member Connection Center, 1-800-332-8686 (US).
Inside this Section
- TAPPI Journal Awards Two Best Research Papers for 2020
- New TAPPI Board of Directors and Officers Announced
- TAPPI Announces 2020 Engineering Division Technical Award and Beloit Prize Winner
- TAPPI Academy Announces Addition of Web and Winding Courses to eLearning Offerings
- TAPPI Announces Cash Prize to Accompany TAPPI Journal Best Research Paper Award
- Master Papermaking Additives to Gain Competitive Advantage and Better Meet Customers’ Needs
- Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2020
- TAPPI Awards Highest Honors for 2020
- Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition Now Available From TAPPI Press
- Black Liquor Evaporation Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Lime Kilns and Recausticizing: The Forgotten Part of a Kraft Mill Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Industry News
- April 2019 Committee of the Month - Runnability Planning Committee
- Mentor Match Signup - Spring 2019
- A Guide to the Nanotechnology used in the Average Home
- 65 North American Companies Remove Go Paperless - Go Green Claims
- 5,000 journals articles and conference papers now available to search
- 2017 starts with sales soaring for paper diaries, notebooks and planners
- 20 never seen before packaging designs
- Better Together Podcast