Two Major Training Events for the Pulp and Paper Industry Set for January 10 – 13, 2022 in St. Petersburg, Florida
ATLANTA (November 10, 2021) – TAPPI is working with several of its dedicated instructors in preparing for two co-located events, the Introduction to Pulp and Paper Technology Course and the Kraft Recovery Operations Course, both scheduled for January 10-13, 2022, at the Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Introduction to Pulp and Paper Technology Course
The annual Introduction to Pulp and Paper Technology Course has been delivered by TAPPI since 1974 with content that is continually updated to keep pace with changing papermaking technology.
“This is the most comprehensive, four-day introductory-level pulp and paper course in the industry,” said Course Chair and Professor Emeritus of Paper Science & Engineering at North Carolina State University, Dr. Michael Kocurek. “In addition to a core curriculum covering best practices and all major processes in pulp and papermaking, new topics will address mill-wide energy optimization and recycling concerns raised from decreased exports and long-term trends in e-commerce.”
Participants will gain a broad perspective exploring the entire pulping and papermaking process, increase their ability to contribute to improving mill operations, get personalized answers to specific questions and operating problems, and learn how to interact more knowledgeably with process engineers and operators. Review the course schedule for more information on the topics planned.
This course is ideal for technical mill professionals, supervisors, suppliers, consultants, as well as non-technical personnel.
Kraft Recovery Operations Course
Presented by a comprehensive team of instructors, this peer-reviewed curriculum has been continually updated and delivered effectively since 1985.
This course provides an in-depth review of key recovery operations in kraft pulp mills that help improve pulp production efficiency, minimize operating costs and reduce environmental impact. Experts provide practical day-to-day information through presentations, Q&A sessions, homework, team-based training exercises and networking. A broad range of topics are covered within the course schedule, including:
- Energy and process optimization
- Impact of non-process elements on recovery operations
- Minimizing chemical losses
- Recausticizing and Lime Kilns
- Black Liquor Evaporation
- Recovery Boilers
- Recovery Maintenance & Management
- Tall Oil Soap Recovery
- Electrostatic Precipitators - Principals and Optimization
This training event is ideal for pulp mill operations personnel, including engineers, superintendents, senior operators, suppliers and technical sales and support staff.
For more information, contact TAPPI Training Manager, Shannon Warchalowsky, at [email protected].
# # #
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and converting industries and publisher of Paper360°, Tissue360° and TAPPI Journal. Through information exchange, events, trusted content and networking opportunities, TAPPI helps members elevate their performance by providing solutions that lead to better, faster and more cost-effective ways of doing business. It has provided management training and networking to the industry’s leaders for almost 100 years. For more information, visit TAPPI’s website.
Inside this Section
- TAPPI Journal Awards Two Best Research Papers for 2020
- New TAPPI Board of Directors and Officers Announced
- TAPPI Announces 2020 Engineering Division Technical Award and Beloit Prize Winner
- TAPPI Academy Announces Addition of Web and Winding Courses to eLearning Offerings
- TAPPI Announces Cash Prize to Accompany TAPPI Journal Best Research Paper Award
- Master Papermaking Additives to Gain Competitive Advantage and Better Meet Customers’ Needs
- Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2020
- TAPPI Awards Highest Honors for 2020
- Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition Now Available From TAPPI Press
- Black Liquor Evaporation Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Lime Kilns and Recausticizing: The Forgotten Part of a Kraft Mill Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Foundation Awards 2021-2022 Scholarships
- Two Major Training Events for the Pulp and Paper Industry Set for January 10 – 13, 2022 in St. Petersburg, Florida
- Industry News
- April 2019 Committee of the Month - Runnability Planning Committee
- Mentor Match Signup - Spring 2019
- A Guide to the Nanotechnology used in the Average Home
- 65 North American Companies Remove Go Paperless - Go Green Claims
- 5,000 journals articles and conference papers now available to search
- 2017 starts with sales soaring for paper diaries, notebooks and planners
- 20 never seen before packaging designs
- Better Together Podcast