Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers Now Available from TAPPI Press
ATLANTA, (February 20, 2020) – A new, practical reference is now available for engineers working with Yankee dryers.
Published by TAPPI Press, Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers is an updated combination of Guidelines for Safety and Condition Assessment (1992) and Guidelines for the Safe Operation of Yankee Dryers (1995), the most commonly used references on Yankee safety and operations guidelines in the tissue industry.
This book provides both general and specific guidelines for the safe and reliable operation and maintenance of Yankee dryer assets. The editors used color throughout the publication to emphasize critical diagrams, photos and tables.
Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers covers inspection techniques, how to organize a Yankee safety program, the applicable ASME codes and how to manage Yankee-related events.
John Holton, a 35-year tissue industry veteran, served as the book’s editor. Jerry Jessick, chair of the TAPPI Yankee Dryer Safety & Reliability Committee, was the book’s technical editor.
“Our committee built on the strong foundation laid decades ago by William Corboy, Jr. and his team in the earlier publications,” said Holton. “We were able to combine both manuscripts and provide updated guidelines relative to steel Yankee dryers, new learnings and recommendations for cast iron Yankee dryers. The graphics and checklists have also been updated.”
Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers is available for $85 for TAPPI Members; $110 for non-members. Ebook format is also available. Orders can be placed online or through TAPPI’s Member Connection Center, 1-800-332-8686 (US).
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and converting industries and publisher of Paper360°, Tissue360° and TAPPI Journal. Through information exchange, events, trusted content and networking opportunities, TAPPI helps members elevate their performance by providing solutions that lead to better, faster and more cost-effective ways of doing business. It has provided management training and networking to the industry’s leaders for more than 100 years. For more information, visit TAPPI’s website.
Inside this Section
- TAPPI Journal Awards Two Best Research Papers for 2020
- New TAPPI Board of Directors and Officers Announced
- TAPPI Announces 2020 Engineering Division Technical Award and Beloit Prize Winner
- TAPPI Academy Announces Addition of Web and Winding Courses to eLearning Offerings
- TAPPI Announces Cash Prize to Accompany TAPPI Journal Best Research Paper Award
- Master Papermaking Additives to Gain Competitive Advantage and Better Meet Customers’ Needs
- Film Extrusion Manual, Third Edition Now Available from TAPPI Press
- TAPPI Selects Fellows and Outstanding Young Professionals for 2020
- TAPPI Awards Highest Honors for 2020
- Guidelines for Safe Assessment and Operation of Yankee Dryers Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Kraft Recovery Boilers, Third Edition Now Available From TAPPI Press
- Black Liquor Evaporation Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Lime Kilns and Recausticizing: The Forgotten Part of a Kraft Mill Now Available from TAPPI Press
- Industry News
- April 2019 Committee of the Month - Runnability Planning Committee
- Mentor Match Signup - Spring 2019
- A Guide to the Nanotechnology used in the Average Home
- 65 North American Companies Remove Go Paperless - Go Green Claims
- 5,000 journals articles and conference papers now available to search
- 2017 starts with sales soaring for paper diaries, notebooks and planners
- 20 never seen before packaging designs
- Better Together Podcast